Whether you already take pictures of your backyard birds or not, now is the time to start snapping pictures!
Submit your favorite wild bird photo for a chance to WIN a year supply of premium KAYTEE® wild bird food and other prizes! KAYTEE will choose 36 semi-finalists. Then YOU and your friends will have the chance to vote on the best one! A total of 12 winners will be chosen; one for each calendar month!
The final photos chosen will be used to create an exclusive 2013 KAYTEE wild bird calendar edition!
Finalist voting will be extended until July 13, 2012
Read more contest details below!
One (1) Grand Prize Winner:
- Will receive one year worth* of KAYTEE Premium Songbird Blend™
- Will receive 5 calendars for you to share
- Your photo will be on the front cover
- Your photo will be placed on a selected month
11 Additional Winners (each):
- Will receive bird food and a feeder! Valued at over $20
- Will receive 2 calendars to share
- Your photo will be placed on a selected month
*One year worth is one 12-14 pound bag of KAYTEE Premium Songbird Blend, to be distributed throughout a 12 month period.
We are looking for wild bird photographs with:
- Nature backgrounds
- Day-time photos preferred
- Highest resolution possible
- Landscape oriented (horizontally taken); although portrait orientated pictures are accepted
- The photograph and the wild bird(s) in the photograph must be in focus
- Landscape oriented photograph preferred, although portrait orientation is acceptable
- Must be an original photograph taken by the entrant; and entrant must solely own all rights and title to the photograph
- Photographs with nature backgrounds
- Cannot have been used in any prior submission to any other contest or promotion or have been previously used in any advertisement whatsoever
- Submit the highest resolution possible
- Must be a minimum file size of 3MB
- Must not include any product branding of any type
- Take your photograph during the time of day when birds are most active
- No humans can be visible in the photograph, however, it may include the hand and/or arm of one person feeding a wild bird or wild birds, but the photograph can only show the human’s hand and/or arm. IMPORTANT: Check with your state for its policy on feeding wildlife.
Suggested species of wild birds:
- Indigo Bunting
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. There is no limit to the number of entries. The Kaytee Wild Bird Photo Calendar Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Kaytee Products, Incorporated (“Kaytee”). The Contest begins on February 1, 2012 and ends on June 26, 2012. The Contest shall include a Submission Phase, a Judging Phase and a Voting Phase (collectively, “Phases”).
- Open to legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of February 1, 2012. Employees of Kaytee, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, distributors, suppliers, brokers, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies, and the members of the immediate families and/or households of each of the above are not eligible to enter Contest or to vote for Semi-Finalists, as defined below. By entering, entrants agree that they have complied with all Contest and eligibility rules. Offer valid in the USA only. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- Entries are subject to verification. All eligible entries will be entered in the Contest. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. Submissions may be investigated and voided if fraudulent. Affidavits may be required to confirm eligibility. Entrants must have existing internet access as of February 1, 2012. All entries become the property of Kaytee and will not be returned. Kaytee may use any and all entries for advertising/promotional purposes without payment to entrant, whether or not the entrant wins.
- Entrants must be the photographer of the photo submitted and must solely own all rights and title to any and all materials submitted as an entry to this Contest. To enter, visit www.kayteewildbirds.com and submit email to enter; and load a photograph of a minimum file size of 3 MB of one (1) or more wild birds, such as a cardinal, finch, indigo bunting, junco, hummingbird, nuthatch, robin, woodpecker, titmouse, oriole, sparrow, etc.
- Thirty Six (36) semi-finalists (the “Semi-Finalists”) will be chosen from the pool of eligible entries by an internal panel of judges employed by Kaytee. Odds of being chosen a Semi-Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received. Judges’ decisions are final. The Semi-Finalists photos will be posted on www.kayteewildbirds.com on June 19, 2012 and the public will be able to vote for the Semi-Finalists from June 19, 2011, 12:01 am (CST) through June 26, 2012, 11:59 pm (CST). Only one (1) vote per person allowed during the Voting Phase of the Contest. Voting by any type of robotic, programmed or automatic submission is prohibited; and use of any means to subvert the voting process is strictly prohibited and all such votes will be void. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid votes received.
- Kaytee is not responsible for: (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, internet service providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Contest; or (b) any malfunction of entrant’s computer, telephone or cable transmission or hardware/software malfunction.
- In consideration of Kaytee’s acceptance of entrant’s entry, entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Kaytee, its parent company, subsidiaries, related and/or affiliated companies, divisions, agents, employees, successors, heirs and all judges of the Contest harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or losses for its/their actions arising from, or related to, the drawing and handling of entrant’s entry, the use and/or publication of the entry and/or the conducting, advertising and sponsoring of this Contest.
- Winners will be notified by July 3, 2012 by certified mail, overnight mail, phone and/or e-mail. All winners will be required to sign and return a prize release and other documents, as necessary, by the time frame stipulated on/in the notification of prize. Prizes will be mailed to confirmed street addresses only. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prizes cannot be substituted for cash. Other than stipulated herein, prizes are non-transferable. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes.
- This Contest cannot be republished in any other medium without the express written consent of Kaytee. To get a copy of these Official Rules, send a written request to: Kaytee Wild Bird Photo Calendar Contest, c/o Kaytee Products, Incorporated, 521 Clay Street, Chilton, Wisconsin 53014.
- To request a list of the names of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after August 15, 2012 to: Kaytee Wild Bird Photo Calendar Contest, c/o Kaytee Products, Incorporated, 521 Clay Street, Chilton, Wisconsin 53014
If you have any questions regarding the KAYTEE Wild Bird Photo Calendar Contest, please Email Us.
Kaytee Wild Bird Photo Calendar Rules